February 2019 Live Well, Work Well Newsletter
While February may be most famous for Valentine’s Day, it’s also American Heart Month, which aims to bring awareness to the world’s #1 cause of death for both men and women – heart disease. In fact, one person dies from heart disease every 40 seconds. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, there’s no better time to give some special TLC to your heart and those around you.
There are many risk factors that contribute to heart disease that you can’t control, but reducing stress is one thing you can do to maintain your heart health. Try these tips to help you reduce stress:
- Plan and prioritize your most important responsibilities.
- Listen to relaxing music to help you calm down.
- Take a mental health day to clear your mind.
- Exercise regularly to get your blood and endorphins flowing.
- Consider seeking professional assistance if the stresses in your life become unmanageable.