Benefits Administration Coordinator
The contribution that a Benefits Administration Coordinator (BAC) makes to Northwestern Benefit (NWB) is to retain clients by increasing the client’s value-added dependency on NWB. This occurs through the normal functions of processing all lines of client’s enrollments, terminations, and eligibility changes both through paper applications and/or electronic application. In addition, the BAC is a dedicated support for the client for enrollment & eligibility issues and projects. The BAC will manage multiple benefits administration processes as designed by NWB and the client. The BAC will work directly with the client to design and document benefits administration processes and revise existing documentation when necessary.
It will be critical for the BAC position to create flexible and collaborative relationships with internal staff, carriers, and employers in order to meet the position objective.
Manage and process all incoming enrollments, terms and change forms, including quality review for document accuracy and completion. If documents are incomplete, BAC will call applicable employer/employee to obtain information and/or seek clarity. After quality review, BAC will go online to each carrier and/ or enrollment platform to enroll and / or terminate coverage accordingly.
- BAC will be responsible for notifying any COBRA administrators of terminations and/or COBRA qualifying event updates from the client.
- BAC will scan and save all enrollment forms in Zywave under the applicable client’s files.
Successful electronic processing will require accuracy, focus, and a great attention to detail and execution.
Communicate clearly and thoroughly with NWB employees and clients.
Audit Enrollment Error/Discrepancy reports for clients who utilize electronic enrollment platforms. Resolve errors and escalate any possible technical issues.
Be a Subject Matter Expert and assist with configuration and updates within multiple Benefits Administration platforms.
Manage multiple Benefits Administration processes including but not limited to:
- New Hire Reminders to employees and/or the client
- Reviewing and approving Qualifyins Life Events (QLEs) in client’s system
- QLE follow up with employees and/or the client
- Dependent verification
- Evidence of Insurability (EOI) follow up with employees and/or the client and approvals in the client’s system
- Review and resolve electronic file error reports
- Creating and managing reports in client’s and carrier’s systems
- Defaulting coverage for new hires
- May perform other projects or duties as assigned.
Reports to: Manager, Benefit Administration
- At least 2 years of experience related to our industry, including insurance, carriers, benefits, human resources, broker/agent, Technology field, Data Processor, electronic software applications.
- High school diploma, minimally. College degree and any other professionally-related designations are preferred.
- Benefits Administration experience preferred.
- An inquisitive nature, always pressing to know more and understand more about the client and his/her needs.
- Technology savvy, having a curiosity and propensity to learn more about computers and other tools that make business more effective and productive.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills enabling one to gather data and present in a clear and understandable method to the receiving audience.
- An excellent communicator (listens, speaks and writes well).
- Highly organized and process driven; he/she is able to manage a multitude of requests, details and follow-ups (including paperwork).
- Can model and exemplify the NWB 25 Tenets.
- There are no physical requirements for the position.
- Driver’s license and dependable car in order to accommodate some travel to client’s locations.
Assessment Tool(s) used for hiring in this position:
Harrison Personality Test
Perform in a consistent manner, demonstrate patience, develop specialized skills, objective thinker, have a desire to help others, and be good listeners. In addition, this profile pays attention to directives, standards, and details; they think analytically, are diplomatic with people, using subtle or indirect approaches to conflict; they check for accuracy and use systematic approaches to situations or activities. This profile is extremely curious and creative.